Monday, January 26, 2009

+++Heavenly Party+++

I don't know all that goes on in Heaven, but for the sake of moving on and for my girls I have been trying to make events that were about my Mom in some way (ie birthday, death day, mother's day etc....) somewhat uplifting, without forgetting why we do it.  So here is another post about my Mom.   Her birthday was January 17.  She would have been 55, but Kairi and Kesslynn don't care about that.  So we decided to have a "Grandma Jo's 3rd Heavenly Birthday Party."  Complete with cake, ice cream, party hats and the aforementioned party favors.   Kairi is always up for a party and had been counting down the days until this birthday party was to commence.  On that day, she awoke before the rest of us and came downstairs and decorated the table- getting the table cloth in place, setting up the crowns, plates, napkins, paper cups etc.  It was the evening, before we got to do it, but she didn't care.  She and Kesslynn decorated the cake and then we all sang "Happy Birthday" and danced to "Ring of Fire."  (Ring of Fire has no significance that I am aware of, the girls just love to dance to it)....  You may or may not care about this, but sometimes there are those who could use some good ideas as to how to keep your loved one in your life- without all the sadness.  I CHOOSE how to handle this, because I couldn't when she died.......











8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it! That is so awesome that you have found ways to do this for you and especially for your girls. My mom always shared memories of her mother with me and I cherish them. Thinking of you.
chandra

Peggy said...

Fun to see Cameron joining in the festivities! I think it is a great idea to celebrate in such a good way. Looks like you had fun.

Josh and Kristen said...

I think it's great that you do these kind of things to remember your mom and help your girls remember her too. It seems like it teaches the plan of salvation in a way that young children can understand. They will grow up knowing they celebrate Grandma's birthday, because she is still there.

Kathy said...

What a great idea. I love the party hats, especially on Cameron. So remind me why I couldn't take a picture of you wearing Isaac's Santa hat.

Sarah and Dave said...

I love it, such a great idea! What made you think of it? I had to tell Dave the story about the napkin table cloth. The autoharp is one of the main instruments in Ring of Fire, and your Mom had an autoharp and wanted to learn to play it, so now it has some significance. Maybe that was even the song that made her want to try it?

Unknown said...

I always knew pink was Cameron's favorite color! he even went so far as to take Kess's thing so he could have one...
btw, neat idea with the b-day party.

Anonymous said...

You are always soinspiring to me Heidi! That is awesome...what a wonderful idea my dad's birthday is coming up in a few weeks so that's a thought for my little one. Thanks! Love ya.

Wilson said...

What a great way to remind your children and yourself what a special mom you had. I hope that you are feeling well and thanks for the birthday card.