Monday, May 4, 2009

{desperation}

so sorry to disappoint, but really we have had a fairly quiet week this week {hurray- i think}. except for one little thing. kairi is what one might call a "social butterfly" of sorts. she recently acquired a new friend down the road and around the corner. the way our subdivision is set up is in a loop so if you start walking in one direction and follow the road you will eventually end up where you began. well i allowed kairi to go see if her friend would play. about an hour later she returns with the introduction "mom i need to tell you the truth." i love that she is honest, because it is so very important to me in my life, but this intro is not what i was expecting. she then tells me that her friend couldn't play/ wasn't home and so she had spent the last hour or so knocking on RANDOM doors, asking if they had kids that she could play with. AAAAARRRGGGG! so i am posting a poll at the bottom to see if anyone else has the problem of their child needing a never-ending pool of friends. please let me know- i am desperate......

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

We have one neighbor girl who is 10 or 11. One day she made the mistake of playing with Bethany and now Bethany always asks if she can go play with her friend. We only schedule playdates but that is out of necessity. I think it's fine to let Kairi just go play with her friend, but maybe watch from your window or call to make sure or something. I love that she is willing to play with anyone, scary, but cute.
chandra

Kathy said...

Actually my oldest used to ask me to tell his friends it was time for them to go home.

Peggy said...

There is definitely an advantage to having some shy kids! That is so great! (for the story, anyway-actuality is a little more scary). I needed a good laugh.

Rachel said...

So, I'm pretty sure no one even told me you had your baby. I was at Jenna's house and she was telling me this (most hilarious!) story about Kairi, and I was thinking that you must have had your baby by now. She is so precious! And her name is so cute! I guess I just need to do better at keeping up with everyone's blogs :)

Linds said...

I may...or may not have seen her out and about one day. :) It was so cute though.