Sunday, March 2, 2008

*** My Creative Side ***

I managed to eek out a few craft products this month. I am pretty proud of myself, considering that I and the brood have all been ill. So now in all their glory here they are.....






This I did for Valentine's Day for my Visiting Teaching ladies. I did something similar last year, but since I have all new ladies, I could recycle this idea. Perfect!!! Anyhow it was easy enough to do. I picked up some terra cotta pots from DI for probably .35, picked up the sucker from The Little Sweet Pea (if you know Vernal, you know what I am talking about--- the greatest little candy store with the nicest ladies to boot!), bought "Oasis", spanish moss, the pitchfork thing and card from a florist and had some pretty ribbon on hand. The rest is pretty self explanatory. Stick the foam in the pot. Hot glue the spanish moss on top. Stick the sucker in the center. Tie on the bow. Place the card. Voila!!!! I love it and it was so cute!!!









This Kairi and I did for Valentine's Day for fun! I got this out of last years Family Fun. I found the shirts at Wal-Mart on clearance for a dollar. Picked up some puff paint in the craft section. Then all you do is dip their finger in the paint and press onto the shirt to make a heart shape. Make sure there is something in the shirt to catch the excess paint, or you'll have the design on both sides. Kairi's shirt is supposed to be heart shaped. Kesslynn's shirt is just a cute chain. I like them both. Kesslynn's little fingers were to short to make her own hearts, so I did it with my fingerprints. I think they turned out sooooo cute and both girls love them.










I picked up this idea from a sister magazine to Family Fun, called Wondertime. It also was very easy-- if you have Photoshop. I picked up these plates from the Dollar Store. I thought that they were fantastic for this project. I set up a white towel in our living room, and got silouette pictures of each of the girls. I isolated them in photoshop turning them to black and white beforehand. This made it easier to isolate the face. Then printed off a rough copy on regular paper of the silouette. I took cardstock in a chosen color and cut the silouette out of it by taking my rough copy and taping both together and cutting them both out at the same time. Then I used Modge-Podge to secure it to the plate. I'll never be able to use the plates, but if I hang them on the wall they will be a beautiful addition and a treasured keepsake. I love them.

Hope you enjoy at least looking at what I did. It was fun and if you get the inkling. Go ahead and try it!!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

2 reasons to miss Vernal: Little Sweet Pea shop and being your VT comp. :-(
chandra

Kohl said...

You are so crafty! I don't know how you do it with your two little ones. You have really cute ideas too! Thanks for sharing.

Josh and Kristen said...

Cute crafts. I always wish I had more of a crafty side, but I don't. I love the recipes that you post. Thanks again for your help. I really REALLY can't thank you enough.

Wonderland Girl said...

If you don't watch the Simpsons, you're going to have to start so we can really be friends. :) The silhouettes made me laugh because of the episode where Principal Skinner's mom mentions that they do those every Friday night. hahaha

Sarah and Dave said...

I know I am all about using loads of candles, one of these times Im sure I will burn the house down with them all, Ha Ha.
So I love your crafts super cute! You are always up to somthing. You remind me of the mom in the Best Two Years movie when she is carving a centerpiece out of a huge block of ice!

Anonymous said...

You are always doing the cutest things...You are giving me great ideas for when my little one is bigger! Thanks.
PS We all had the flu thing here too. And I am right with you sister when it comes to puke forgetaboutit!!!!

Scoffield Family said...

Hey there! The house is in Painted Hills - the farthest North West part of the Vernal area. Who knows if they will accept our offer but if so we'll be super happy. Any updates on your home?? I hope things are moving along and that you're in there SOON. :)