Saturday, October 13, 2007

Indulgence

Have I told anyone that I am the most indulgent parent ever? Well in case you haven't heard- I am!!!!! But not without making some kind of payment necessary, even if you are 4!!! Kairi has been suffering from (what I like to call) behavioral difficulties. You know the kind that say a 2 year old pulls, with the crying and screaming and power struggling? Well last sunday we had quite the blowup and I knew that SOMETHING had to be done. She has been wanting her toenails painted "the same color as mom's." So we made up a chart that she could color in, and told her if she could be good with no crying, fits and disobedience for 5 days, I would take her to get a pedicure. Well that was the best incentive ever. I didn't think that at 4 you should know how fun a pedicure is or that you would want one, but she did. She wanted it bad. FIVE DAYS she went with hardly any tears and the ones she did have were quickly squelched with the gentle reminder that she had to be good to get her toenails painted. It was so funny too. She couldn't even sit in the chair and get her toes wet. She had to kind of stand in the basin then lean back on the chair so the woman could get to her feet. She picked the same nail color as me, and the woman at the nail salon even threw in a special touch of flower stickers on each foot. Kairi was in heaven and now asking to have her fingernails done. 5 more days of wonderful dear sweet Kairi, here I come!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awh, thats cute, you should get someone to paint that picture of your toes together!
Sarah

Delphine said...

very cute, I'll have some similar with girl2004 soon, it's so nice to have girly girls!!

Wilson said...

You are such a cute mom and what a great idea! I will have to remember that one.
Juliann

Wilson said...

What a cute idea! I will have to remember that one! You are a great mom!