Sunday, October 21, 2007

Pumpkins (kind of)

Well I came across a bats origami in my favorite kid-friendly magazine (Family Fun, see bats below) and it gave me an idea to make origami pumpkins. So I remembered seeing some kid at church make this box/cube thing out of paper and I thought to myself, "I'll bet there are instructions on this on the internet." Sure enough I found some and the result are some great little pumpkins. I started with orange paper (naturally) and when we were done folding, I added a green pipe cleaner stem and let Kairi decorate the faces. As you can see she is quite detail oriented. I put the face on one, but bagged doing them myself when she added eyebrows and either freckles or moles (I'm not quite sure). Let me know if you try this one out and if you enjoyed it with your kids!!!! Here is the web address: http://www.mathematische-basteleien.de/oricube.htm

0 comments: