Saturday, October 13, 2007

Ode to Dave......

Well since I last updated about my car-troubled brother, it would seem things have carried on since then. Just when you thought that he had encountered every imaginable problem concerning his dearly de-hooded mode of transportation, karma (or fate etc) strikes again. With Dave's permission, I write of his woes. He was on his way to get the windshield and hood repaired when, lo and behold, in his rear-view mirrors shines the red and blue of "Utah's Finest." Yup, poor Dave was PULLED OVER. He relates that the officer pulled him over for the windshield. Dave discusses his quest to get that and the hood repaired. The officer asks for the standard paperwork, and OH NO!!!!, it is not there. It would seem that the registration and insurance are not current, because the current paperwork is still in Nevada. The officer proceeds to issue a lovely ticket to my dear brother. He gave Dave a warning for the hood and windshield and tickets Dave for no registration, no proof of insurance and not wearing his seatbelt. Dave tells me that the officer probably would have ticketed him for the others, but there were only three lines on the paper and so that is why he got off with just the three violations. So with that in mind I am starting a "Free Dave" campaign. Anyone who feels it necessary or is compelled by love in their hearts to donate to Dave's cause just let me know. He would seem to have a run of luck that needs to be thrown into reverse. So Dave, here's to you.....

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that picture, I think its so funny!
Sarah