Sunday, November 23, 2008

Crash and Burn


Here is "Sebastian" you know the crab from The Little Mermaid. She looks much better here, but a few Sundays ago, my girl here, was horsing around and found herself face down on the floor. I am pretty sure that she bit her lip with one of her two front teeth and boy did she sport the biggest fat lip for a few days. Poor thing was bruised on the inside all the way down to the gum line. It was so sad, and her lip was soooo fat I could swear she had the same bottom lip as "Sebastian." These days her lips are much healed, but I felt so bad for her...... Unfortunately I know that this is going to continue. Ever since she was little I have watched how clutzy she is. It reminds me of me. When she was learning to walk, I could have sworn that she was having a seizure while moving in a forward motion. My heart would stop just watching her. When she was learning to run, it was the same scenario just put on fast forward. Now she is a little older and little more coordinated, but just watching her sometimes still stops my heart dead in its tracks. I just hope that someday she will grow into her body and finally "get it." Despite that I still love her- bumps and bruises and all.

0 comments: