Monday, November 3, 2008

Dinner in a Pumpkin


Leading up to Halloween, I thought that it would be fun to make some Pumpkin dish to keep the Holiday going all month long.  So I found in our family cookbook "Dinner in a Pumpkin."  So we made it.  I have to admit, I enjoy a lot more flavor to food, but it still was edible.  Cameron and the girls really enjoyed it and that makes it even more worth it.  This is Kairi decorating the outside of the pumpkin, so that we could cook the dinner in it.  I think that she liked that part the best.  Of note, I have to say that at least this WAS edible.  The week before I made "Pumpkin Soup" to go along with our trip to the Pumpkin Festival,  Yah, I won't make that again....... hahahahahaha.  I swear it looked like baby food and smelled like it too.





1 comments:

Sarah and Dave said...

Did you try making the soup in the pumpkin? That can be good, depending on the recipe. I can tell we are going to have to bust out the Andersen cook book more often though for good ideas!